Elcometer 280 Pulsed DC Holiday Detector
The Elcometer 280 is a ‘stick type’ holiday detector which has been designed to make pulsed DC high voltage holiday detection safer, easier and more reliable than ever before.
Using state of the art electronics, the Elcometer 280 allows users to inspect coatings – without connecting the earth return lead to the component substrate – ideal for inspecting large surfaces and pipelines.
- Flashing display, bright LED and a user adjustable volume alarm indicates detection of a holiday
- 0.5 – 35kV range (user selectable) for detecting porosity in coatings up to 25mm (1″) thick
- Safety trigger integrated inside the handle cuts power if released
- Rugged, shock proof and water resistant design to ensure long life – even in harsh environments
- Balanced, ergonomic design, complete with shoulder strap allows long periods of continuous use
- A wide range of interchangeable probe accessories available – compatible with all Elcometer holiday detectors – please order as a separate item.
- Ideal for testing clean, damp, dirty or slightly conductive coatings
- Voltage calculator automatically sets the correct voltage from your coating thickness value
- Internal jeep tester ensures that the selected voltage equals the test voltage
The Elcometer 280 uses the high voltage pulsed DC technique to detect holidays in coatings – even if the coating is damp, dirty or slightly conductive. From the two stage safety switch, bright LED’s and screen icons signifying when the high voltage is on, to the extended ribbing to protect the user from spark creep, the Elcometer 280 sets the standard for high voltage measurement safety. Using the wide range of probe accessories users can detect porosity / holidays in coatings up to 25mm (1″) thick. Rugged, shockproof and water resistant, each unit is designed for use even in the harshest of environments.
|Rubberised second hand grip provides greater control and balance during testingLarge, waterproof buttons ideal for use – even in gloves High Voltage ON/OFF separate button minimises risk of accidental switch on Clear, backlit LCD display shows all relevant information, even in dark environments Shoulder harness point strap can be quickly clipped on as required||Specialised extended ribbing designed to standard EN61010, ribs provide additional protection to the user during useIntegrated safety trigger switch switches off the high voltage if releasedEarth return lead socket including ¼ turn lock/release to ensure connection during testing Quick release battery pack fully charged in 4 hours, provides up to 30+ hours of continuous use*|