Elcometer 266 Holiday Detector with Cal Cert
Revolutionizes high voltage DC testing of coatings porosity detection making it safer, easier and more reliable than ever before.
The Elcometer 266 holiday detector can be used to test porosity on coatings up to 7 mm (275 mils) thick and is ideal for inspecting coatings on pipelines and other protective coatings. This holiday tester features a built-in voltage calculator which will determine and set the correct test voltage based upon the test standard and the thickness of coating being tested.
Elcometer 266 DC Holiday Detector Features
- Voltage calculator automatically sets the correct voltage from your coating thickness value
- Adjustable Voltage:
- 0.5kV – 1kV in 50V steps
- 1kV to 30kV in 100V steps
- Dual safety switch on handle to avoid accidental switch on (Grey/orange probe handles only)
- Internal Voltmeter/ Jeep tester ensures that the test voltage equals the selected voltage
- Visual and audible alarms, Bright LEDs on the handle, as well as a loud buzzer, clearly indicate when a holiday is detected
- To change maximum voltage range, select a different handle; 5kV, 15kV or 30kV DC or 30kV DC continuous
- A wide range of probe brushes and rolling springs available
Elcometer 266 DC Holiday Detector Features Explained
Automatically sets the correct voltage from your coating thickness value. No need to use look up tables. Enter the test standard and the coating thickness and the gauge will automatically programme the correct voltage.
No need for screwdriver: 0.5kV – 1kV in 50V steps, 1kV to 30kV in 100V steps. Sensitivity to current can be manually preset or automatically adjusted by the gauge for partially conductive coatings.
Internal Voltmeter/ Jeep tester
Ensures that the test voltage equals the selected voltage. The closed loop system ensures that the generated test voltage is accurately measured and continuously controlled, regardless of climatic conditions.
Interchangeable probe handles
Available, 5kV, 15kV and 30kV DC and DC continuous versions.
Audible and visual alarms
Visual and audible alarms are activated when a flaw is detected. Bright LEDs on the handle, as well as a loud audible alarm, clearly indicate if the gauge is on (Red) and when a spark is detected (Blue).
Can be recharged inside or outside the gauge for continued use. Batteries are fully charged within 4 hours and provide up to 40 hours continuous use between charges.
Universal probe adaptors
Enables the Elcometer 266 to work with all major holiday detector accessories.
Large, backlit display enables easy viewing even in dark environments. When a flaw is detected the backlight also flashes.
Second hand grip
The optional second hand grip is designed for two handed use without compromising its safety. Ideal for testing pipes and tank floors.
Elcometer 266 DC Holiday Detector Safety Features
- Dual safety switch on handle to avoid accidental switch on. 2-stage safety switch ensures that if the Elcometer 266 handle is not gripped, the handle will switch off.
- Specialised ribbing provides superior protection while an optional second hand grip is ideal for two handed use. This holiday detector has been specifically designed to meet standard EN61010.
- The speaker on the gauge clearly emits a ticking noise to indicate that there is voltage at the handle.
- A loud audible alarm is activated when a spark is detected. The beep volume can also be adjusted to ensure it can be heard – even in noisy environments.