Elcometer 456 Gauge Ferrous Integral probe Scale 1
Reliable and accurate coating thickness measurements, helping you to become more efficient.
The Elcometer dry film thickness gauge is available in three different models. Each coating thickness gauge provides the user with increasing functionality – from the entry level Elcometer Model B, to the top of the range Elcometer Model T.
Integral coating thickness gauges are ideal for single handed operation as the wide footprint of the Bigfoot™ internal probe provides greater stability during coating thickness measurement – allowing for consistent, repeatable and accurate dry film thickness results.
Separate coating thickness gauge models, with their wide range of probes, provide even greater dry film thickness measurement flexibility.
Compatible with ElcoMaster® software and ElcoMaster® Mobile App, individual coating thickness measurements can be transferred via USB or Bluetooth® to PC or a mobile device for analysis and instant report generation.
Halve inspection times using the Elcometer Coating Thickness Gauge with Ultra/ Scan Probe
Featuring a highly durable probe cap, the Elcometer Coating Thickness Gauge Ultra/Scan Probe is a revolutionary design which allows users to take individual dry film thickness readings or rapidly scan large surface areas – without damaging the probe or the coating.
When used in conjunction with the Elcometer Coating Thickness Gauge Scan or Auto Repeat Mode, the Ultra/Scan Probe enables users to significantly reduce dry film thickness inspection times without affecting accuracy.
With a reading rate of 140 readings per minute, the Elcometer Coating Thickness Gauge with Ultra/Scan Probe allows you to inspect more coatings in less time.
Key features of the Elcometer Coating Thickness Gauge include:
- Large buttons ideal for gloved hands
- Easy to use menus in multiple languages
- High contrast colour LCD with auto rotate
- High and low reading limit indicators
- Factory calibrated for immediate use
- Thickness measurement capability to ±1%
Can be used in accordance with National & International Standards
- Temperature stable measurements
- Increased reading resolution for thin coatings
- Measures accurately on smooth, rough, thin and curved surfaces
- Repeatable and reproducible
- 2 year gauge warranty
- Supplied with fully traceable test certificates
- Batch date and time stamp facility
- Sealed, heavy duty and impact resistant
- Dust and waterproof equivalent to IP64
- Scratch and solvent resistant display
- Durable gauge and probe construction
- Suitable for use in harsh environments
- Fast reading rate of 70+ per minute, 140+ per minute with Ultra/Scan Probe
- Multiple calibration memories
- Alpha numeric batch identification
- User selectable calibration methods
- Compatible with ElcoMaster® and ElcoMaster® Mobile App
- Wide range of interchangeable probes
- USB and Bluetooth® data output to iPhone* or Android™ devices
- Stores up to 150,000 readings in 2,500 batches
- Measures up to 31mm (1220mils) of coating on metal substrates
The importance of Coating Thickness Gauge Calibration
Formal quality systems, such as those described in ISO 9001, require coating thickness gauges to be properly controlled, logged and calibrated. Increasingly, users are specifying that the readings taken by thickness gauges are traceable to National Standards.
In order to test the accuracy of a particular gauge it is important to have traceable coating thickness standards.
Elcometer offer a comprehensive range of certified foils together with zero test plates to ensure the accuracy of the coating thickness gauge.
Get the best performance from the Elcometer Coating Thickness Gauge and make the best use of the gauge’s ±1% accuracy by calibrating the coating thickness instrument to suit the application. This video will guide you through a range of calibration options for both the integral and the separate models.